The JB for Governor Campaign is seeking a Deputy Data Director to join a statewide program in Illinois. The Deputy Data Director will report directly to the Data Director and will assist with the management of the data and analytics department and providing additional support for an ambitious statewide field campaign.
Ideal candidates are highly organized, detail oriented, quantitative thinkers with a proven ability to achieve set goals and perform under pressure.
- Work with Data Director to manage the data and analytics department
- Administering VoteBuilder, including answering support requests from Field Organizers, and ongoing quality control
- Managing data questions and flags
- Developing and maintaining data standards and supporting documents for the field team
- Assisting with the creation of reports using SQL and Google Sheets
- Monitoring data integrity and cleanliness; promoting good data practices that minimize duplicate volunteers, incorrect event types, etc.
- Designing and maintaining Google Sheets reports to the specifications of the Field team
Skills & Qualifications
- Preferred one cycle of experience as campaign field or data staffer, with experience using VoteBuilder
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends, in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Ability to explain data and technical concepts to non-technical people without data backgrounds.
- Desire to learn and use new data & analytics tools and processes.
Compensation: Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and skills. We offer a competitive benefits package, including healthcare coverage for eligible employees.
JB for Governor is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. JB for Governor is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or parental status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. JB for Governor will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.