Reporting to the Data Director, this position is ideal for a competent database administrator who is looking to work on issues you are very passionate about. You love the VAN, or similar databases, and want everyone to love it as much as you do. You feel like you can solve almost any data problem that comes your way and would do anything to get the job done.
We are hiring for this position immediately. Candidates may be based in Washington, DC or remote. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. This position is full-time, with a minimum salary of $55,000, commensurate with experience. Indivisible provides a robust benefits package including full medical/dental/vision/life coverage, a discounted gym membership, and an employer matched 401(k) plan.
- Manage voter contact universes for multiple races and tools, including targeting and campaign analysis
- Sync existing databases and develop regular reports
- Prepare program analysis and make strategic recommendations for a variety of program plans.
- Conduct data clean-up, including de-duping, standardizing data, etc.
- Train staff on NGP, targeting techniques and best practices for using data effectively.
- At least one cycle as a Votebuilder or VAN support administrator
- Experience working in a data warehouse environment
- Experience explaining technical requirements with non technical people
- Creative problem solver
- Advanced Excel and/or basic SQL experience
- Political experience and/or organizing experience
- Experience training non-technical staff in data protocols and standards
- Expertise in using data and technology in support of more than one of the following: electoral campaigns, progressive advocacy, digital and online advocacy, distributed campaigning, movement building, and grassroots mobilization
- Basic experience with GIS programs is a plus