Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Analytics Specialist. The incumbent will help develop modeling and analysis on data collected in advocacy, supporter engagement, and fundraising programs conducted via digital, SMS, phone and in-person engagement on behalf of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Planned Parenthood Action Fund, and Planned Parenthood Votes. This role will work across multiple departments at Planned Parenthood alongside the Data & Analytics & Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement teams to help test and understand analytics & research and its impact Planned Parenthood’s engagement with donors, supporters, and voters. This position reports to the Deputy Director of Data & Analytics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead analysis of Planned Parenthood supporter & donor base and engagement with that base, leveraging collected data as well as consumer and voter file data resources.
- Assist with analysis of program impact, making recommendations for program optimization and improvement.
- Lead development of internal models to aid in developing supporter engagement, fundraising, and advocacy programs.
- Project manage development & maintenance of analytics resources focused on increasing digital engagement and fundraising.
- Lead analysis of digital supporter engagement and fundraising targeting tools.
- Documenting Planned Parenthood developed and vendor-supplied models.
- Summarize best practices in supporter, opinion & program analysis, under supervision of Deputy Director of Data & Analytics.
- Alongside other members of the Data & Analytics & DFSE team, assist with tracking and managing research touching the Development and CXO divisions of Planned Parenthood, and covering advocacy, supporter engagement, and fundraising topic areas.
- Collaborate on development of systems for tracking and reporting digital, fundraising, organizing, engagement, and electoral data.
- Communicate sophisticated data analysis through oral and written reports and creative visualization.
- Collaborate on building durable reporting systems for visualization of research trends & analysis.
- Proactively stay current on data management, fundraising, and organizing best practices through partners and vendors, including the Analyst Institute, Catalist, Target Analytics, and other organizations.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 2-4 years of progressively responsible professional experience.
- Non-profit or campaign data analysis experience.
- Excellent understanding of and prior experience with using data to support a political or advocacy campaign, or a political or advocacy organization fundraising campaign.
- Experience in using a CRM to manage supporter or donor data records.
- Advanced Excel fluency.
- Outstanding data analysis and statistical skills.
- Professional experience in and fluency with conducting analysis using a statistical software package, such as R, SPSS, STATA, NumPy, Pandas, etc.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- High attention to detail and strong organization ability.
- Proven experience providing end-user support and customer service.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Planned Parenthood.