CleanChoice Energy seeks an experienced Director for its Software Engineering department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing the Development team and working with their counterparts on the Technology team to build a platform for renewable energy services. This is pivotal position within the company. We expect a well-rounded developer with management experience to lead a strong team and build a best-in-class product.
- Oversee the management of the technology organization of roughly 25 employees spanning systems architecture, development, application design, and QA.
- Be a resourceful, impactful and trusted advocate on behalf of the engineering team and ensure that engineering is a major voice in setting and developing the company’s roadmap.
- Spearhead, develop and maintain processes and procedures needed to ensure the stable and dependable growth of the function to meet the ever-growing demands of the business.
- Ensure the company’s continuous release schedule remains fluid,yet reinforced by a platform of process and infrastructure that promotes healthy growth.
- Review resource levels in the various teams and ensure that adequate resources (in terms of numbers, skill levels, experience, etc.) are available to meet current and anticipated workloads.
- Strengthen the scalability of the technology architecture.
- Manage team of engineers through hands-on leadership within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Help set the technical direction for the team, drive the evolution of the systems architecture, and make appropriate technology choices.
- Institutionalize an engineering functional culture of metrics-driven management, processes, methodologies, and KPIs, with clear goals, objectives, and quantifiable milestones to enable growth and limit technology debt.
- Be part of developing a collaborative, engaging, and fun culture.
- Manage engineering budget, including 3rd party product/services portfolio.
- Set and manage expectations; communicate and execute goals within timelines.