Faith in Florida (FIF) is seeking a Data Manager and Digital Organizer. This position sits at the pivotal crossroads of data management and digital organizing, maximizing the scope of multiple organizing and civic engagement campaigns through the strategic use of data and digital systems. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience working with low-income, immigrant, communities of color, and/or returning citizens communities, effective time management skills and a demonstrated ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects. Ideal candidates based in or willing to move to Florida are preferred.
About Faith in Florida:
FIF is about people, power, and change. First and foremost, our focus is on the development and engagement of people. We work to unleash the leadership that is within each of us toward fighting for racial, economic, and environmental justice.
FIF is affiliated with the Faith in Action (formally the PICO Network).
OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Data Manager and Digital Organizer will oversee and coordinate the VAN (Voter Activation Network) and other campaign technology in Florida. The Data Manager and Digital Organizer will work with Faith in Action national, state federations and other partners to assist in VAN, other data analysis needs and digital engagement. The Data Manager and Digital Organizer should have the ability to continually develop skills related to the use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices. They should also have experience in the use of data and analytics to drive effective decision-making in organizing, issue, and/or electoral organizing.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Maintain internal databases, including manipulation of the voter, congregation membership, volunteer and other person-level data.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operation of the Voter Activation Network in Florida and Alabama as well as other data systems.
- Provide data, targeting and technical guidance and support for organizing, issue, and/or electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support, and train users on organizing and engagement systems.
- Provide data-driven strategic guidance on best tactics and tools to achieve goals to leadership.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition, and preservation.
- Generate opportunities to identify and engage campaign supporters and drive measurable online actions through alerts, infographics, key messages, etc.
- Utilize social media and texting programs to maximize digital list building
- Deepen supporters sense of identity and involvement with the campaign, including both online and offline engagement
- Perform uploads to email database and facilitating email campaign list selection and segmentation testing and strategy
- Understand and apply data analytics related to the campaign email list, website, and social channels to improve the effectiveness of the campaign
- Conduct supplemental training and technical support to state federations for utilization of the VAN and other data tools.
- Work with Faith in Action national data staff and state federation bodies to develop strategies on how to best integrate the VAN system and other technology into their own political/issues programs.
- Other duties as assigned.