TN Victory 2018 is seeking qualified candidates for multiple Assistant Data Director roles in Nashville, TN.
The Assistant Data Director will report directly to the Data Director. The ADD will assist in managing the day-to-day data needs of the campaign. This position is an opportunity for a creative, data-minded, organized, teamwork-oriented professional with some prior campaign or data experience. This person will be primarily responsible for supporting the campaign’s field and digital organizing programs. This responsibility includes acting as the point person for the campaign’s Votebuilder (VAN), data, reporting and technical assistance requests from all users across the campaign, with a strong emphasis on ensuring proper data entry, cleanliness, and synchronization.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing data and technological guidance on issues related to the campaign, VAN, and other campaign-related technology platforms.
- Basic troubleshooting for TN Victory 2018 VAN users, user creation, training and report creation, while ensuring a high quality of data standardization and cleanliness.
- Assist with voter targeting, analysis, and universe creation.
- Assist with creating and implementing best practices and standards across all departments for data collection, acquisition, and preservation.
- Work closely with the field team to establish effective systems to track and evaluate progress to goal.
- Prepare reports, including statistical analysis and summaries, for field and other departments.
- A basic understanding of direct voter contact programs.
- Computer skills are required and applicants should, at a minimum, have experience using Excel, Microsoft Word, GSuite, and other basic computing applications.
- Must be a self-starter who can self-teach technical material to themselves, troubleshoot issues, and be willing to work irregular hours.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to promote a strong inclusive culture and a commitment to electing Democrats.
You might be a good fit for this position if:
- You’ve done a cycle or two as an FO or RFD, love playing with counts and crosstabs in VAN and found yourself using the Event Participant List and Canvass Results Summary to build your own reports.
- You’re familiar with VAN and you can use conditional formatting, Excel filters and VLOOKUPS well enough, but maybe pivot tables are a little beyond your reach right now.
Other information: Salary and benefits are set at $3,250/month through the election, including medical and dental insurance benefits at no cost to the employee. Assistant Data Director must be willing to relocate to Nashville, TN and work hours typical of campaigns.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
TO APPLY: Send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with “Assistant Data Director” in the subject line.