The Democratic Party of Oregon seeks a Technology Director who will manage the Party’s technology infrastructure, including our voter file and volunteer databases, fundraising database, and office technology equipment. This position will work directly to support State Party Staff, Caucuses, County Democratic Parties, and Democratic campaigns at all levels. This is a key team member with responsibility for the Party’s technology infrastructure, reporting directly to the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the structure of political campaigns and familiarity with campaign technology.
- Day-to-day management of VoteBuilder (the DPO’s voter file database), including creating users and committees, creating and maintaining survey questions and activist codes, creating shared searches and targets, and maintaining other voter file infrastructure;
- Maintaining the State Party My Campaign volunteer database;
- Maintaining the State Party fundraising database;
- Developing and implementing a training program for VoteBuilder statewide in conjunction with the Field Team, including a regular webinar schedule;
- Creating clear and concise reports to provide timely and relevant analysis of data;
- Fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
- Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, voter turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
- Assist party leadership in developing strategic goals;
- Collecting raw political data from County Elections Offices and other sources and converting it to usable form for analysis; scrubbing and matching acquired lists back to the voter file (VoteBuilder or offline);
- Maintaining an inventory of all State Party technology assets;
- Make technology recommendations to Party Leadership, research and engage in competitive bid process for required technology vendors when necessary;
- Provide technology support for DPO Staff, including technology setup, technology training, and help with DPO events;
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a full-time position, available immediately, with benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience but ranges from $45,000-$65,000 per year.