The Minnesota DFL seeks a Deputy Voter File Manager to assist in managing the day-to-day voter file needs of DFL, county party organizations, state and federal campaigns, and activists.
Deputy VFM responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Day-to-day management of users and committees in VoteBuilder;
- Implementing a training program for VoteBuilder, including a regular webinar schedule;
- Creating and maintaining survey questions, activist codes and other VoteBuilder infrastructure;
- Maintaining the DFL Coordinated My Campaign database;
- Assisting VFM with providing timely and relevant analysis of data and fielding requests for specialized research projects, in many cases requiring rapid turnaround;
- Tracking and disseminating analysis of voter contact results, early vote and absentee turnout, voter registration, and other data relevant to campaigns and caucuses;
- At least one cycle of prior campaign experience preferred.
- Demonstrated data analysis and writing skills, preferably in a political environment.
- Ability to plan and manage time sensitive projects with competing needs.
- Working knowledge of statistical models, precinct targeting, etc. a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel including formulas, functions, and pivot tables.
- Desire to learn advanced data management tools include SQL, GIS and others.
- Strong attention to detail, including accuracy of data entry.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Capacity and desire to work long hours in a campaign setting.