The Senior Analyst will help develop and execute a strategic data-driven research program supporting the Voter Participation Center’s mission to increase the civic participation of historically underrepresented groups in our democracy. VPC is the leading 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to mobilizing historically underrepresented populations – unmarried women, people of color, and millennials – in the fields of voter registration and GOTV mail. Reporting to the Director of Analytics, the Senior Analyst will be a key part of a small but ambitious analytics team and will be expected to contribute to all aspects of the analytics team’s work.
The Senior Analyst will contribute to a range of data projects, including developing and managing databases, reporting, research, testing, and analysis. The Senior Analyst will contribute to organizational strategy and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively about technical topics. The Senior Analyst should be detail-oriented, flexible, and a self-directed problem solver.
A talented Senior Analyst will help VPC expand its scope and increase its efficiency as the organization’s work continues to grow. Looking forward the analytics team will improve VPC’s data management, develop new tools for reporting and data visualization, evaluate existing predictive models, help build new predictive models, and conduct innovative research. Data is the foundation of everything VPC does and this is a great opportunity to contribute to innovative and important civic engagement work.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Data analysis experience, preferably in civic engagement, advocacy or a similar field
- Experience with one or more of Stata, SQL, R, or similar languages. (VPC works primarily with Stata and SQL.)
- Experience with spreadsheet software such as MS Excel
- A strong desire to mobilize underrepresented constituencies
- Strong communication skills with the ability to organize complex ideas for others to understand
- Creative thinking and the ability to solve problems