The Stacey Abrams for Governor campaign is seeking a Deputy Data Director. This position has a wide range of responsibilities and serves as a key support role for both the Data Director and other campaign departments. The Deputy Data Director must have a combination of technical and political skills to manage real time voter data and is flexible enough to respond to campaign needs quickly and efficiently. The Deputy Data Director is a team player and will help ensure that campaign staff get trained on data systems and tools and collaborate across departments.
This position requires a strong work ethic, ability to focus in a fast-paced environment and extreme attention to detail. The Deputy Data Director must work well with others and have a service-minded attitude.
REPORTS TO: Data Director Location: Atlanta, GA Term: Immediately through November 2018 Compensation: $3,500 - $4,000 monthly salary range based on experience Benefits: This position comes with the standard package of benefits an employee of AFG receives which includes health insurance. AFG will provide more details.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Manage voter file access for campaign staff including but not limited to:
- Training of field staff
- Monitoring data integrity and accountability, and
- Handling support requests
Assist in reporting on programmatic progress to goal in a wide variety of different metrics.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure campaign needs are met.
- Support other members of the data team to complete projects as necessary.
- Assist with other campaign related duties as needed
- Strong commitment to Democratic ideals and the people of Georgia
- Experience using VAN/Votebuilder as an administrator
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel
- At least one previous cycle of campaign experience, preferably in data or field position
- Understanding of how analytics and modeling are used in a campaign context
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet all goals and deadlines
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Willingness to coach and train staff on tools and the patience that requires
- Must maintain confidentiality of all aspects of our work and consistently model professional best practices
- A technical skillset that includes proficiency in a variety of programming languages/software such as SQL, Tableau, GIS, Python, and R
- Working knowledge of a variety of different data platforms and formats, including BSD and NGP
To apply, please fill out the form here and send resume, cover letter, and earliest available start date as a single pdf to email@example.com with the subject line “Deputy Data Director - [your name]”.