Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (MFV) is a national non-profit organization working to unite the Latino community and its allies to promote social and economic justice through increased civic participation. We do this by expanding the electorate through direct, sustainable citizenship, voter registration, GOTV and issue-organizing in key states; forming and supporting key alliances at national, state, and local levels to increase civic engagement; providing technical assistance and support to other organizations; and increasing public support for full civic participation in Latino and immigrant communities. We are headquartered in Phoenix, AZ, with offices in California, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Texas, Florida and Washington, DC. Mi Familia Vota is a 501(c)(4) organization, and Mi Familia Vota Education Fund is a 501(c)(3).
Mi Familia Vota/Mi Familia Vota Education Fund (MFV) is currently recruiting for the position of Director of Data & Research. This is a management level position with a national focus. We are seeking candidates with an interest in Latino civic participation, who are detail-oriented, able to work independently, and willing to learn new skills.
The Research and Data manager will work closely with the Executive Director, National Operations Director and State Field Directors to plan, implement and manage the organization’s research and data programs in support of its electoral and issue-based work.
Employment type: Permanent, salary, FLSA exempt
Compensation: competitive salary, excellent benefits package, 12 paid holidays per year, 10 vacation and 10 sick days accrued each
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare national and state profiles of the Latino community that include electoral, demographic and socioeconomic variables.
- Prepare other statistical reports in support of MFV programs.
- Working with voter data to identify voter universes to support MFV’s voter engagement field programs.
- Develop and manage data collection and management protocols for MFV’s various civic engagement programs (e.g. naturalization, voter registration, Get Out The Vote). These protocols must provide replicable and quantifiable data for reporting and program evaluation. They may include designing and creating databases, forms (paper/electronic), to support data capture.
- Create a data archiving process/system to help store historical MFV program data.
- Manage and maintain Everyaction Database Raiser’s Edge Database, Blocks Database as well as other systems.
- Support program staff in the design and develop of other basic databases in support of MFV programs and goals.
- Preparing statistical progress reports of MFV campaigns to monitor productivity and set priorities during the campaign.
- Establish appropriate use procedures for MFV data to ensure legal and ethical conformance and above all protect the integrity of the organization’s program data.
- Manage MFV’s various data accounts (e.g. Catalist and Voter Activation Network).
- Develop and maintain relationships with MFV data partners
- At least 1 to 3 years of experience working with databases and in data management.
- At least one year of experience working on electoral campaigns or in conducting research related to voting and elections.
- Knowledge of Voter Registration Databases, voter outreach databases.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Excel and Google Sheets
- Knowledge of and proficiency with U.S. Census Bureau data products (e.g. American Fact Finder).
- Understanding of research methodologies and implementation into field and communication plans
- Understanding of long-term power building, including but not limited to redistricting.
- Past experience working with Voter Activation Network or Catalist voter databases.
- Ability to work campaign style hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Knowledge of the Latino electorate
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Cultural competency
This position can be filled at any of the following MFV offices:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Los Angeles or Riverside, CA
- Orlando, FL
- Washington, DC
Please email a copy of your resume, cover letter, and two references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The email-subject line should read “MFV Director of Data & Research” or may be missed. No phone calls please
People of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person holding this position. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Mi Familia Vota / Mi Familia Vota Education Fund reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at Mi Familia Vota, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.