Sister District Action Network (SDAN) is a 501(c)(4) organization focused on educating voters about the importance of state and local elections, training new leaders, conducting research in partnership with nonprofit, academic, and other partners to increase civic engagement and voter participation, and disseminating best practices for voter engagement and civic participation. SDAN is affiliated with the Sister District Project.
We are seeking a mission-driven, inquisitive professional to work with our Director of Research to push our research program forward. Key activities include assisting with the design and administration of innovative in-house and collaborative research projects in the areas of voter contact, voter registration, and volunteer engagement; collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data; developing research partnerships with allied organizations, academic and nonprofit partners; and preparing grant applications, publications and presentations.
- Track research trends and findings in major organizational areas – voter contact methods (e.g. textbanking, canvassing, relational organizing); voter registration; and volunteer/activist engagement
- Work with Director of Research to design and carry out mixed methods research studies in major organizational areas
- Work with Director of Research and Director of Partnerships to develop and maintain research partnerships with academic, nonprofit and progressive organizations
- Work with Director of Research to oversee and guide volunteer data team comprised of individuals with diverse data and research backgrounds, on small-scale internal research projects
- Work with Director of Research to prepare grant applications, publications (peer-reviewed and for lay audiences), and presentations and materials for internal stakeholders and external allies related to research findings
- Develop expertise in electoral and activism research
- Work with Director of Research to present at conferences and develop relationships with leaders in the field
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Research
The Associate Director of Research is a new position designed to implement our research program and build our internal research capacity. This individual must be able to work well under pressure, work independently, and have a demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively. We’re looking for someone with great organizational skills, excellent project management and communication skills, and experience designing and conducting social science research