The 2018 Indiana Coordinated Campaign is looking to hire up to two deputy data directors to help support its ambitious, statewide voter contact program. The Coordinated Campaign will play a critical role in helping re-elect U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly in one of the most closely watched U.S. Senate races in the country, as well as electing Hoosier Democrats up and down the ballot.
The deputy data directors will report to the Coordinated Campaign Data Director and will focus on A) providing the data tools and resources to make other departments’ jobs easier, and B) helping other departments make the best data-informed decisions. Applicants may come from a wide range of backgrounds, so the positions are split into a Campaign Track and a Technical Track. The deputies will still work closely together and learn from each other.
Roles and Responsibilities may include
- Administer VoteBuilder by providing support for field staffers, helping train users, managing quality control, responding to support requests, and other duties
- Create, maintain, and automate a wide variety of reports to help the campaign make data-informed decisions, ranging from dashboards to maps
- Provide analysis and recommendations in the creation of voter contact universes for both the persuasion and mobilization phases of the campaign
- Serve as point person with vendors of external organizing and mobilization tools, such as those that deal with relational organizing and peer-to-peer texting
- Pitch and implement experiments, reports, metrics, and tools that would help decision making across the organization
Required Skills & Qualifications
- An excellent, team-oriented attitude with a laser focus on serving others’ data needs
- Strong Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Fondness for creative problem solving and troubleshooting
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines under tight time pressures
- Readiness to work long hours, including nights and weekends, in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Ability to learn quickly, communicate clearly, and adapt smoothly
- Passion for translating technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Enthusiasm for electing Democrats
- Must have a working laptop, cell phone, and a willingness to relocate to Indianapolis, IN
- Multiple cycles of campaign experience – including voluntary roles – with at least one cycle in field
- Experience with VoteBuilder / VAN
- Ability to translate field needs to data needs
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with Tableau, R, Python, and / or GIS tools
- Some basic understanding of quantitative and statistical concepts
How to Apply
Email email@example.com with a resume, three references, and one to two paragraphs explaining why you are interested in this role and why you would be a good fit for it. Please also indicate if you have a strong preference for one or both of the Campaign and Technical tracks.
The Indiana Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and is dedicated to the achievement of equality of opportunity for all its employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or disability.