Position reports to: Research Director
Position location: Washington, D.C.
The Senior Data Specialist extracts data from various internal and external sources, enters it into desired systems and provides effective ways to compile, organize, analyze and present that data. Also will identify new data sources, compile relevant data sets and generate reports presenting key data related to UFCW’s programs, campaigns and other interests from various sources including public or government sources. Research, update, and validate original spreadsheet and database data. Develops and implement standard data management procedures. Manipulates spreadsheets to achieve analytical goals. Create charts and graphs. Secures information with database backups.
- Knowledge of advanced excel functions including VLOOKUP and Macros/VBA.
- Experience finding creative solutions to parse and sort large, messy data sets.
- Proficient in creating and managing databases in Microsoft Access.
- Familiarity with browser automation and proprietary web scraping applications (such as iMacros, Scrapy, or Parsehub).
- Acquaintance with political contact management systems such as VAN and Catalist.
- Ability to write basic code in Python, HTML, or Ruby.
- Experience utilizing Google, Pipl, and other APIs to gather structured data.
- Typing: 45 wpm, 10-key speed of at least 8,000 KPH w/minimal errors.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits.
Skills assessments with passing scores are required as part of our pre-employment process.
Submit cover letter and resume to: https://www.dcjobs.com/j/30063274
Please visit our website at www.ufcw.org