With a team that is growing by the day, and with the most important pickup opportunity for Democrats to retake control of the US Senate at the top of the ticket, The Arizona Coordinated Campaign is looking to bring on one or more Deputy Data Directors to help our organizing staff close the vote gap in beautiful Phoenix, Arizona for the 2018 election cycle.
Here’s who we’re looking for:
- Someone who has an analytical mind, an instinct for optimization, and knows their way around an excel workbook.
- Someone fluent in charts, who can visualize problems and explain complex concepts in an accessible manner to newcomers.
- A strong collaborator, who has the initiative to take on projects with little direction but also communicate at every step of the process.
- Someone who loves field organizing and helping people work smarter at it.
If you were working for us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
- Built and tested a report against hard numbers to track how well organizers are making confirmation calls.
- Used a ticketing system to troubleshoot a mysterious VAN issue from across the state.
- Made and presented a slide deck for teaching a room full of new organizers how to put together an amazing list of volunteer prospects.
- Put together a targeted list of people to be texted to turn in their early ballots, on-the-fly.
- Assessed the needs of a field office by going out alongside them and knocking some doors.
Things you might do:
- Use some more advanced tools like Tableau, QGIS, and PostgreSQL.
- Write code to automate processes and make our data flow smoothly.
- Represent the data team in certain contexts, and help collaborate with partners and other departments in our campaign.
- We’re looking for someone who has at least the equivalent of a cycle of experience working in organizing or analytics. That being said, we’ve very open to non-traditional applicants- if this sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you.
Applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to the Phoenix area. See more and apply here