VVN, a boutique consulting firm in Washington DC specializing in progressive political demographics and targeting, is seeking a part-time (approximately 20 hours per week) Analytics Report Designer for our downtown Washington, DC office.
VVN values a strong work/life balance. We strive to create a work environment that is both professional and fun. We learn from each other and we work as a team. Our hours are flexible, and we can accommodate the needs of a student juggling a challenging job with midterm exams, finals, and major school projects.
The Analytics Report Designer will provide data visualizations in Tableau for VVN partners and clients, and will assist in the design and development of a full featured Tableau dashboard for VVN.
Coupling graphic design with data analytics, the Analytics Report Designer will create attractive, easy to read reports. Reports will merge a variety of sources, including non-profit membership data, a national voter file, the US Census American Community Survey, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics employment bulletins. Data are stored in- house in a MySql database platform hosted on a Linux environment. Design skills are key to what we are seeking; if you have limited or no experience in Linux or SQL, you should still apply. We can teach you what you need.
Working with a small team of analysts and programmers, the Report Designer will identify trends in the data and explore new ways of presenting data to stakeholders, crafting both stock and ad hoc reports as needed.
To apply, send a resume to email@example.com.
- BA or BS in computer science, physics, mathematics, statistics or similar field, or current student who is working towards a degree in one of those disciplines.
Skills & Abilities:
- Programming experience in a major scripting language, such as Perl or Python.
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Ability to design attractive, professional reports.
- Report design experience, either on a business intelligence platform (Tableau, Jaspersoft, Pentaho, Microsoft Power BI, etc.), or experience in designing data visualizations or graphics for a production website, using HTML, CSS, Java, etc.
- SQL experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience with GIS mapping tools and software, such as QGIS or ArcView a plus, but not required.
- Background in statistics or data modeling a plus, but not required.
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation based upon experience.
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at VVN, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.