The Atlas Project’s mission is to support the progressive movement with the knowledge necessary for making better-informed decisions resulting in more efficient and effective programs. We achieve this by arming the community with historical elections data, sophisticated analysis, and real-time updates for targeted states. We provide political campaigns and progressive organizations with a baseline set of information to work from—helping them learn from the past to make sound decisions for the future. We also aim to equip organizations in the progressive movement with the information and research they need to be effective advocates on their issues and hold bad actors accountable.
Position Summary The Atlas Project is seeking a full-time staff member to join its political team. The team conducts strategic, high-level political research for progressive organizations on candidates and issues and performs an array of fact-checking duties for clients and other Atlas Project departments.
- Produce reports and campaign plans in key battleground states.
- Fulfill research requests from high-level clients.
- Monitor press coverage regarding issue campaigns and key legislative and political campaign developments.
- Fact-check reports and memos.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- At least two years of professional research and/or campaign experience.
- Strong research and writing skills. The ability to independently compile information and data from publicly available sources and distill it into a concise and easy to follow narrative for distribution to clients.
- Familiarity with sources of campaign- and election-related data.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of our fast-paced team.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.
- At least one cycle of campaign field experience
- Knowledge of campaign data and targeting principals
- Knowledge of Lexis-Nexis, campaign finance reporting, and media monitoring
- Experience using the Catalist Q Tool or VAN.
This is a full-time position with generous benefits. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify “Political Analyst” in the subject line. The Atlas Project is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Please specify where you saw this posting.