- SEIU (Service Employees International Union)
- Senior Database Analyst/Programmer Grade: PS-3 : Salary, $76,509.20/YR
- Location: Washington, D.C.
Purpose: Responsible for system administration, analysis, development, testing, tuning, support and documentation of all Membership module modifications and other system database Applications.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Any one position may not include all of the specific duties and responsibilities listed. Examples provide a general summary of the work required and should not be treated as a total and complete list of expected duties to be performed by employees in the classification.) Direction and Decision Making: Works independently, reporting to Deputy Director of Data & Technology or designee.
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelors degree in computer sciences or programming and three years experience with programming development and administration in a python/Django development environment with PEP8 Coding Standards; ability to work independently and as a part of a team and system administration experience including all database administration functions with emphasis on performance monitoring and tuning; programming experience must include analysis, design, development and implementation of systems and applications. Or, a combination of education and experience that would provide for the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of Python required with data science concepts such as Dplyr for R or Pandas for Python
- Write correct, reusable, tested, efficient, maintainable and documented source code that implements application components according to specifications.
- Follow coding industry standards where applicable.
- Technical communication and coordination
- Integrate with APIs and services of our partners and vendors
- Knowledge in Microsoft SQL Server Architecture, helpful
- Knowledge on the Security, Server Objects, Management, and SQL Server
- Agent components of Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, helpful
- Knowledge of application monitoring and tuning abilities using tools such as
- Microsoft SQL Server Profiler and Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Thorough knowledge on ETL tools and ETL code development.
- Thorough knowledge on developing net applications.
- Refine and refactor old components, investigate bugs
- Strong analytical, logical and problem solving skills with ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Excellent organizational and communications skills required.
- A commitment to social just work is a plus.