Beto for Texas is hiring data managers for the remainder of the 2018 cycle. Beto for Texas is hiring a Data Managers to assist in the execution of the campaign plan. Data Managers will work closely with the Data Director to support the campaign team by managing day to day data and voter file operations, administering a comprehensive data training and support program, and developing reporting to help maximize efficiency and drive program. The data team will be responsible for both long-term, ongoing projects and short-term assignments, and are expected to possess excellent time management skills.
- Assist with management of day to day data and voter file operations
- Providing timely and relevant analysis of data
- Generate reports and visualizations
- Generate target universes for the purpose of voter contact
- Support other data team projects as necessary
Core Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong Excel and SQL skills to analyze and present data in a clear, effective and succinct manner
- Experience working with large data sets and managing multiple requests for information
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to a wide audience in a clear, succinct manner
- Experience with data visualization and presentation
- At least one cycle of experience working in a campaign environment, preferably in data or field
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, creative problem-solving, and communication skills
Additional Skills & Qualifications - Ideal applicants will already possess one or more of these skills; all applicants should plan on developing these skills during the 2018 cycle.
- Proficiency in Python, R, or other programming languages
- Experience with VAN/Votebuilder as both a user and an administrator
- Proficiency with Tableau, Google Data Studio, or other data visualization tools
- Experience with report automation
- Experience with person matching
- Experience with GIS software such as QGIS
All candidates must:
- Live in or be willing to relocate to Austin, TX through the end of the 2018 cycle (supporter housing is available if desired)
- Expect to regularly work evening and weekend hours.
This position does NOT require a college degree
COMPENSATION Salary for this position is $3,750/month. We offer a competitive benefits package.
APPLICATION Fill out this form to apply