This position is responsible for development, maintenance, implementation and management of advanced data systems, tools, targeting, testing and research to support organizing, digital and political action campaigns; establishment of training modules for IU staff, affiliate leaders/staff and members in how to utilize these resources; and creation of systems for the oversight of projects assigned to the Data & Analytics Division. The position requires the person to travel extensively throughout the country as needed. Expected to interact directly with international and affiliate staff and leadership, members and partner organizations.
- Build, maintain, enhance and manipulate voter, membership, volunteer and other databases.
- Establish and optimize tools and processes to maximize internal coordination of data resources.
- Provide data and technological guidance on organizing, issue and electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support, and train users on data management systems (Catalist, VAN, Enterprise, Action Network, AFSCME Data Warehouse, etc.).
- Work with IU departments and affiliates to promulgate such tools and processes across the union.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition and preservation.
- Assist AFSCME International Staff and affiliates in developing targeting, polling and data strategies to achieve their goals.
- May coordinate and assign work for members of the Data & Analytics Division as appropriate.
- Assists with developing data and targeting resources, analytic tools and other data driven assets to advance the goals and priorities of the IU.
- May coordinate large-scale voter, general public and member contact programs utilizing in-house and vendor-provided tools.
- Generate targeted voter/member contact strategies for paid and volunteer contact programs including mail, canvassing, on-line and phone.
- Supports internal and external political, issue, organizing, digital and other campaigns.
- Utilize advanced data management tools and techniques to conduct voter targeting and analysis for digital, organizing, issue and electoral campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Department: Data & Analytics Location: Washington, D.C. Grade: USU Grade 9 Salary: Starts at $78,421 Benefits: List of benefits Posting Date: September 07, 2018