AFSCME Council 31 is one of Illinois’ largest and most active unions, representing some 100,000 active and retired public service workers in nearly 300 affiliated local unions. Council 31 is a dynamic and progressive union which plays a key role in the state’s labor movement, as well as in the political and legislative arenas. It has pioneered new strategies for organizing the unorganized, winning tough contract fights, and developing innovative programs to improve workers’ lives. AFSCME Council 31 is currently hiring a Data and Information Technology Manager. The position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Responsible for overall planning, organizing, and execution of all Information System functions. This includes meeting organizational requirements, support of existing applications, as well as creating new and innovative solutions;
- Manage the operation of membership and dues information database
- Evaluate and monitor the flow of information within all levels of the organization to improve and re-tool existing systems or develop new data pipelines to meet programmatic needs, and troubleshoot any system-wide difficulties or problems with information systems;
- Develop policies to ensure security, performance, consistency and maintainability of all information systems;
- Develop and manage vendor relationships related to data and technology, including requests for proposals, evaluation of bids, contract negotiation, administration of data security agreements;
- Collaborate and make organizational recommendations as to the best possible data and software-based technology solutions to implement while maintaining high levels of data security;
- Lead the Information Systems and Data team;
- Oversee software toolsets which support field, mobilization and organizing initiatives, including ensuring front-line technical support;
- Manage routine data match and hygiene processes, working with commercial vendors as needed;
- Oversee training and support for staff;
- Managing multiple projects to migrate legacy applications and data systems to an upgraded hosting environment and/or Cloud services using current technology stacks and solutions.