National Nurses United (NNU), AFL-CIO, the nation’s largest nurses’ union and professional association, seeks an experienced Research Analyst. NNU leads the Registered Nurse movement to transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system driven by patient needs. NNU has negotiated the best Registered Nurse collective bargaining contracts in the nation and provided critical leadership in the AFL-CIO’s decision to endorse a single-payer healthcare system based on “updating and expanding Medicare benefits” for all Americans.
Overview Research areas include the political economy of healthcare restructuring and the clinical and technological impacts of healthcare restructuring on both patients and the Registered Nurses who provide their care.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualities:
- Strong commitment to social justice
- At least one advanced degree
- Econometric modeling experience highly desirable
- Strong quantitative ability highly desirable
- Experience in power structure research
- Familiarity with corporate research and/or corporate campaigns
- Strategic research skills
- An understanding of market concentration and complex organizational issues
- Background in evaluating and reviewing corporate statements
The position is based in the San Francisco Bay area and offer an excellent salary and benefits package that includes a pension and full family medical and dental coverage, including coverage for domestic partners.