UltraViolet is a national organization that drives feminist cultural and political change. Through people power and strategic advocacy, we work to improve the lives of women and girls of all identities and backgrounds, and all people impacted by sexism, by dismantling discrimination and creating a cost for sexism. We work on a range of interconnected issues, including violence against women, economic security, reproductive rights, racial justice, and immigration, that impact the lives of women. UltraViolet’s one million members have taken down major misogynists — from Bill O’Reilly and Harvey Weinstein to Roger Ailes and Rick Ross; organized nationwide to save the Affordable Care Act; campaigned for justice for women of color treated brutally by law enforcement; forced Yahoo to stop promoting fake anti-abortion clinics; and more. Right now, UltraViolet is focused on mobilizing for the upcoming election by exposing Republicans in Congress who have the worst track record on women’s issues and lifting up trailblazing women candidates.
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
Job Description The Technology and Data Manager will be working with UltraViolet’s campaigns team to fulfill each day’s urgent campaign tech needs, such as troubleshooting mass email and website problems and experimenting with new designs or features on the fly. You’ll constantly be suggesting, building and implementing new tools and testing new ways to use technology to engage UltraViolet’s membership. This is a fast-paced job for a growing programmer who feels confident and comfortable dabbling in all sorts of tech-related issues – you’ll be the first line of defense for technical questions from UltraViolet’s campaign staff and a crucial part of our campaigns team. Intrigued? Keep reading.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Two to five years of experience in web development, with a front-end, UI focus.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in a rapid response environment.
- Experience with advocacy CRM i.e. ActionKit, Salsa, NationBuilder, Action Network etc
We’re hoping you bring 1-2 (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with any of the following: Amazon Web Services including Elastic Beanstalk, S3, and CloudFront, WordPress, GitHub, and/ or Cloudflare.
- Experience with working with APIs (RESTFUL or XML RPC).
- Understanding of ActionKit or Django.
- Q/A testing experience.
- Experience with digital security practices and implementation.
- Political or advocacy experience.