As a Data Services Specialist, you will provide data support and load data during client onboarding and post-onboarding to build and maintain custom data jobs. You’ll collaborate internally with technical and non-technical teams at EveryAction / NGP VAN to create sustainable and elegant data solutions.
Ideal candidates possess strong communications skills, attention to detail, and high comfort level of working with clients. Candidates are expected to have strong SQL skills, have a working knowledge of relational databases, and experience working with political campaigns or non-profit programs.
- Work with clients to understand data needs and fulfill import, export, and migration requests
- Migrate clients of all sizes and data savviness levels to NGP VAN and EveryAction databases
- Implement ETL processes to acquire and load large datasets and improve efficiency of existing ETL processes
- Assist in developing SQL scripts and protocols for large scale client migrations
- Manage and prioritize your own workflows
- Work with team members to document and train others on technical tasks
- Work across departments, including Sales, Engineering, and Product, to accurately set and manage project timelines and outcomes
- An intermediate or greater understanding of SQL fundamentals to run complex SQL queries, inserts, deletes, and updates.
- Background in non-profit database migrations and understanding of non-profit workflows OR working with political data sets, including fundraising and compliance workflows
- Familiarity with writing, refining, and troubleshooting stored procedures or SQL scripts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational skills along with an attention to detail
- Ability to work with internal and external stakeholders to complete projects on expected timelines
- Experience with MS SQL Server, exposure to other relational databases software is a plus
- Prior exposure to working with large datasets
- Familiarity with source control (git preferred)
- 2 cycles or 3+ years of experience with political or non-profit data
- Proficiency in writing SSIS script tasks or other ETL applications
- Experience in common scripting and/or programming languages (PERL, PowerShell, C#, Python, Java, Ruby, etc.)
- Must be able to occasionally work weekends and off hours