About you: You’re someone who loves to learn and constantly improve at what you do. We’re looking for a team member who’s excited about making public data more accessible. We hope you’re curious, tenacious, and that you want to work hard with our team on difficult, important problems.
About the role: This isn’t an entry level job – we’re expecting that you’ll come at it having done research, reporting, or a similar analytical function for 2+ years. You need to have experience digging into and understanding public records data. And we want you to use those skills to help us build the best platform for public data access.
- You’ll manage our data sourcing, working with our development team to integrate additional data sources
- Help manage our data accuracy, working with our team on automated testing and validation
- Leverage our wide range of data access to produce insight and reports that highlight the value of the data we monitor and aggregate
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks and processes
- You’ll be able to explain technical requirements of a function or project to a developer if that specific component is out of their scope
- Coordinate between CEO and developers regarding new sources. You’ll identify where this source is located, how it functions, what fields should be returned (whether it’s being developed in-house or outsourced)
- Receive a written source/integration, arrange its import and testing, and send back for any modifications
- Develop systems for analyzing the current datasets for quality
- Normalize fields across source categories
- Extend our current monitoring toolset to check data quality on each addition of new data