Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists, and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently looking for talented and energetic software professionals who would like to work on an exciting new set of products to help progressive organizations run more effective voter contact programs. This position will offer a unique opportunity to help build out an enterprise class data processing and analytics infrastructure for scale. As an engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering, political, and data science staff to understand functional software requirements
- Be a contributing engineer to one or more software components of our architecture
- Collaborate with a small group of software and operations engineers
- Participate in the process for translating software requirements into working systems and solutions
- Decompose and estimate your tasks
- Design and develop software systems and solutions
- Support verification and validation of software solutions
- Support deployment and configuration updates to software component
- Support and maintain software systems and solutions built by the development team, including issue and root cause analysis
- Create, develop, and maintain technical product documentation, including user guides, specifications, design and implementation plans, project plans, issue tickets, etc.
- Provide technical feedback on product features and designs
- Adjust working schedule (occasional evenings and weekends) as workload demands