As an engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering, political, and data science staff to understand, develop, and refine functional software requirements
- Be the primary technical owner of one or more software components of our architecture
- Lead a small group of software engineers
- Drive the process for translating software requirements into working systems and solutions
- Decompose and estimate tasks for yourself and other software engineers
- Design and develop software systems and solutions
- Support verification and validation of software solutions
- Support deployment and configuration updates to software component
- Support and maintain software systems and solutions built by the development team, including issue and root cause analysis
- Create, develop, maintain, and own technical product documentation, including user guides, specifications, design and implementation plans, project plans, issue tickets, etc.
- Provide technical feedback on product features and designs