This position is responsible for administering data on organizing campaigns. The incumbent will assist the department and affiliates to utilize advanced data tools and techniques to facilitate data-driven campaigns and strategy. Successful candidates will have experience working in the field on organizing and/or political campaigns and will have used VAN extensively for organizing (political and/or labor). They also must have a thorough understanding of Excel.
- Assist AFSCME International Staff and affiliates in developing data processes to accurately measure progress toward organizing goals.
- Provide data driven strategic guidance on best tactics to achieve goals to organizing leadership.
- Manipulate voter, membership, volunteer and other person level data.
- Work with internal and external staff to establish best practices and standards for data collection, acquisition and preservation.
- Provide data, targeting and technological guidance on issue and electoral campaigns.
- Administer, support and train users on VAN and Catalist’s M Tool.