New Virginia Majority (NVM), Virginia’s leading civic engagement organization, builds power in working-class communities of color across the Commonwealth. We seek conscious and skilled individuals with a deep commitment to racial and economic justice to join our team. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. New Virginia Majority is looking for a Data Manager to manage and maintain its databases across the organization, support data needs for organizing, collect data for regular reporting, help develop unified reporting and analysis for all organizational activities.
- Manage and maintain databases: NGP/VAN (TargetSmart & My Campaigns), Nationbuilder, Blocks, and Hustle, including finding and migrating to alternative databases as needed
- Working knowledge of CRMs and CMSs
- Match and append data collected in the field using tools like NGP Van, Catalist tools, Blue HQ
- Generate regular reporting and analysis that includes but is not limited to: voter registrations, canvassers accountability, phone calls, door knocks, data entry accountability, volunteer recruitment
- Create, adjust, and utilize targeting for door knocking and volunteer recruitment
- Create walk list for our various voter engagement, issue engagement, and membership programs.
- Coordinate data uploads and targeting arrangements with partners
- Implement quality assurance on voter registration, field, organizing and voter data work
- Creating and issue regular reports for all New Virginia tools and data, as well as partner and coalition tools and data when necessary
- Assisting with program design, implementation, goal setting, and long-term strategy using the data that New Virginia Majority has at its disposal
- Work with New Virginia Majority leadership to find additional data sources, services, and tools to help New Virginia Majority improve their work and make better decisions.
- Working with other staff to meet program goals
- Help develop unified reporting and analysis of all New Virginia Majority activities that include but are not limited to: Digital Engagement, Voter Contact, Program accountability, Voter Registration, Issue Organizing, Advocacy and Membership recruitment