As a full stack software engineer you will be helping to build our products from front-to-back. In particular we are looking for someone with an intuitive understanding of design and how that interacts with the data that comes from our API servers.
- Using continuous delivery practices to improve software delivery speed
- Working in a collaborative, product-focused team to build the next generation of civic tech
- Create a dynamic and responsive react native and react single page application
- Applying the latest technology thinking to build software that will help communities and political campaigns to engage voters
- Create designs and intuitive interfaces that engage and volunteers and campaign staff
- Hook those beautiful designs into our API all the way down to the database layer
What we’re looking for:
- A team player capable of communicating well.
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code. Our current tech stack includes, linux, MySql, Golang, React, and React-native.
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Knowledge and appreciation of cloud technology such as Google Cloud or AWS.
- Experience with single page applications and their technologies like React, React-Native.
- A passion for all things design, including interaction design and user interface design.
- The team is based in NYC. We are a small, highly diverse team ready to make a difference in civic tech. We value diversity; we support traditional and nontraditional career paths. To support this, we offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health benefits as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
How to Apply Please send your resume and a sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org