Position Title: Senior Data Associate Reports to: Director of Operations Start Date: Immediately Location: Washington, DC (preferred) with the possibility of being remote
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The Senior Data Associate will help take J Street’s ongoing implementation and adoption of the Salesforce platform to ensure J Street can continually improve the way in which it uses its data to be more effective and impactful. This role is half data administrator and half data architect and will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform. The administrator will work closely with the Operations team and the rest of the staff to ensure that departmental stakeholders, consultants and third-party vendors develop and deploy new processes on all four of our “spokes”, Fundraising, Advocacy, Political and Communal.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment with 30+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, troubleshooting errors and other routine tasks
- Manage Salesforce integrations with third-party applications and processors
- Ensure that Salesforce skill set across the organization grows over time through training and empowers the staff to come up with improved ways of managing their data
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document developments needed in the system
- Pull specific reports, manipulate data in our email system, ActionKit, with digital team
- Coordinate, along with department heads, needs for further improvements in our data systems along with Director of Operations
- Experience with or ability/desire to learn Salesforce platform; thirst to take full advantage of the Salesforce platform to improve our systems
- Demonstrated experience managing data operations for fundraising or advocacy at a non-profit or business
- Excellent project management skills and a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, use independent judgment and follow through with minimal supervision
- Self-starting worker and good at working on your own
- Proven ability to design, implement and communicate new processes through documentation and training
- Ability to “see the bigger picture” when it comes to new requirements on Salesforce.org and how they will affect existing systems and business processes;
- Proficient in SQL
- Previous Salesforce administrator experience (Salesforce ADM201 certified)
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to manipulate objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Experience with nonprofit processes in fundraising, advocacy and communal organizing
- Proficient in Django
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Senior Data Associate” in the subject line.
ORGANIZATION: J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans who want Israel to be secure, democratic and the national home of the Jewish people. Working in American politics and the Jewish community, we advocate policies that advance shared US and Israeli interests, as well as Jewish and democratic values, leading to a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. As Americans, we advocate in Washington and in national politics for American policy that advances diplomatic resolution of Israel’s conflicts with its neighbors. American policy plays an important role in the Middle East, and the voices of Jewish and other pro-Israel Americans are critical in shaping that policy. Through its advocacy and political work, J Street mobilizes support for American policy that helps resolve Israel’s conflicts diplomatically and reshapes political perceptions of what it means to be pro-Israel. Within the American Jewish community, we advocate that our institutions and leaders ground our relationship with Israel in the same values they apply to other issues, including freedom, justice and peace – the very principles set forth in Israel’s Declaration of Independence. We urge Jewish communal officials and institutions to demonstrate leadership by speaking out in support of policies that align with our interests and values and against those that don’t. We also promote vibrant and respectful discourse about Israel within the Jewish community, expanding American connections to and support for Israel. Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now a $7 million organization with a national staff of 70. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 7 US cities and Tel Aviv. The J Street family of organizations includes J Street – a 501(c)(4) nonprofit which is responsible for lobbying and advocacy; JStreetPAC – a federal political action committee that endorses and raises money for federal candidates; and the J Street Education Fund – a 501(c)(3) that works through community engagement, education and programming to advance J Street’s work.
J Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.