The Deputy Director East of Data & Technology primarily serves a supportive role to State Voices tables in the eastern regions of the United States. The Deputy Director East will also oversee any data-related large voter registration program work within the State Voices network and network-wide reporting, which will include the management of a Voter Registration Data & Training Manager and a Voter Registration Data & Program Manager. The 2 Deputy Directors (East and West) of Data and Technology are members of the State Voices Data and Technology Department and work at the direction of the State Voices Director of Data and Technology.
- Participate in weekly check-ins with the national data team.
- Assist with the development of the vision and priorities of the department for the network.
- Assist in the hiring and reviews of state data managers and associates in the eastern regions.
- In coordination with the Director and Deputy Director West, plan and host regular data calls for the network, and an annual convening for data staff.
- Manage at least one working group in the Data and Technology department.
- Provide consultation and advice to state table staff on the most effective use of data to help accomplish their organizational and programmatic goals.
- Assist with the planning and hosting of regional calls or convenings in the eastern regions.
- Have biweekly check-ins with all data staff in eastern regions.
- Manage a Voter Registration Data & Training Manager, and work with them to support all data-related voter registration work happening in the network.
- Assist with the onboarding and training of new state table data staff in eastern regions as needed.
- Work with state data managers and national staff on analysis and reporting of data to maximize program results.
- Help to improve and plan aspects of the State Voices Data Certification Program for partners.
- Provide up to 5 hours a week of direct data support for a table in the eastern regions without a Data Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.