Climate Action Campaign Fellowship
Position: Data and Operations Fellow, CAC Classification: Part-time Non-Exempt Location: Washington, DC Date: October 2018 $13.25 an hour for 20 hours a week
The Climate Action Campaign is a highly effective, unbranded coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign regularly partners with national and state-based groups, as well as leaders from diverse communities, to promote climate action, defend against attacks on the Clean Air Act and climate change policies, and showcase the unyielding transition to clean energy driven by state, local and federal action.
Overview The Climate Action Campaign Fellowship is an intern program designed to immerse its participants in the environmental advocacy field. Assignments vary and are designed to both support the campaign with its mission to support action on climate change and assist the fellow with his/her professional growth. This position allows interaction with all of the campaign’s departments providing a wide breadth of experiences. As an integral part of the team, fellows will experience how public support is generated for action on climate, and how that shapes results on a national level.
The Fellowship will train predominantly with the data and operations team completing tasks including but not limited to:
- Assist the Operations team with organizational directory data and record management
- Assist CAC Operations Team with December move and other organizational duties as needed
- Create, edit and distribute a variety of documents and reports for internal and external use
- Help prepare call plans and data for upcoming CAC and Partnership Project patch through phones programs
- Research and data clean-up projects
- Compile, clean, and standardize phone program data across numerous programs for analysis
- Assist in creating compelling visualizations and sophisticated reports on CAC programs
- Work with data staff to create visualizations and prepare reports to inform CAC decisions
- Attend internal meetings around CAC and community-wide climate advocacy efforts
- Ability to learn to successfully juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-expectation campaign environment
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with data and program staff internally as well as with partner organizations and external vendors
- Ability to manage up and learn on the go
- Experience in issue-organizing, advocacy or electoral campaigns is a plus, particularly within the environmental community
- Interest in environmental issues and the environmental community a plus
Reporting This position reports to both the Operations Director and the Director of Data and Targeting.
Logistics & Application Process The paid fellowship program lasts for 14-weeks, and fellows participate for 20 hours/week. The Partnership Project requests that you structure your hours to attend departmental meetings.