Location: Pennsylvania Role: The Data Coordinator is an important member of the Data and Analytics team who works with union organizers and unionized employers to maintain and enhance data systems around union list quality, membership dues, and voluntary political contributions (COPE).
Duties and Responsibilities: The Data Coordinator performs a wide range of duties, which may vary according to the needs of the union. Examples of those duties and responsibilities, not intended to be exhaustive nor all inclusive, include:
- Overseeing day-to-day membership dues reconciliation systems, including maintenance, upgrades, dashboards, and other procedures
- Monitoring and supporting the UHWP membership and COPE reconciliation process
- Working with union organizers and unionized employers to increase responsiveness to dues reconciliation audits
- Working with union organizers and unionized employers to improve quality, structure, submission, storage, and frequency of unit lists coming to the union
- Assist in union contract storage, tracking, and analysis
- Supporting organizers to maintain and reconcile membership lists
- Driving audits of member contact/opt-in information against cards
- Facilitating individualized organizer training on database use to increase usage
- Working to create necessary reports (e.g. dues audit reports, UHWP reports, membership changes by facility/month, database comparisons, MRC dashboard, etc.)
- Supporting data needs of political and organizing programs
- Tracking data accomplishments
- Other duties as defined
Union staff are expected to work long and irregular hours (on average 55-60 hours per week), work on weekends and holidays when necessary. Some travel for union events is required. Competitive salary package, benefit package includes fully paid health insurance, defined-benefit pension, optional 401(k), etc.