Under the direction of the field data team manager, this position will focus on the development and deployment of organizing applications and databases, including database tools for union organizing campaigns and support for local union-building efforts. The senior associate will assist in efforts to gather information on members, potential members and organizing targets. In addition, the senior associate will coordinate between the AFT departments to provide necessary feedback on continuing database requirements and enhancements for end users’ database capacity.
- Identify requirements for application development and develop custom AFT data management applications.
- Oversee and coordinate efforts at list matching and data harvesting as well as uploading of information to the AFT central database.
- Develop and deploy custom database applications and reporting.
- Evaluate local technical capacities and requirements and make necessary recommendations.
- Coordinate the rollout and migration of locals to AFT systems and tools.
- Support AFT systems and initiatives in various departments, including custom solutions and back-end data support across multiple platforms.
- Train affiliate and AFT users on AFT and custom database tools and applications.