The North Carolina Democratic Party is looking for a Data Director based Raleigh, NC to foster a data driven approach to electing Democrats. North Carolina will be a critical battleground state in 2020 and the NCDP will play an active role in electoral process up and down the ballot. This position, as are all of our senior positions, is highly collaborative and crucial to the North Carolina Democratic Party achieving its mission. This is a full time, permanent position. Salary is commensurate with experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Deputy Data Director to administer Votebuilder (VAN) and onboard new users by vetting and training them, and permissioning access. This will include maintaining and enforcing data best practices and data sharing within Votebuilder across committees;
- Creating advanced targeted universes for campaigns to use when contacting voters and working with stakeholders to identify geographic and campaign-specific targets and identifying gaps in collective strategy.
- Working with leadership to develop regular reporting and insights based on data surrounding voter registration trends, voter contact results, fundraising, and predictive modeling;
- Using SQL to retrieve and manipulate data in data warehouse(s);
- Manage relationships with voter file, data, analytics and technology vendors, and serve as a liaison to other organizations that NCDP works closely with on data-related issues
- Provide guidance, training and support to staff as it relates to the use of data for measuring organizational performance and strategic planning; and oversee external research partnerships and other data collection activities.