Presidential hiring outlooks (Last updated August 19th)
Disclaimer: Progressive Data Jobs is not affiliated with any organization or campaign. We are not here to recommend any candidate nor to provide any opinions on the campaigns. This is a free and open resource, but if you are sharing this, please give us hat tip. Thanks!
For clarity, we have moved our tips on getting a job with a Democratic Presidential campaign to a new link. If you haven’t applied and worked for a Presidential election before, check it out first! We’ll keep this post with updates from specific jobs and campaigns.
Hiring list updated on a rolling basis as the campaign evolves1 - changes noted with “NEW” or “UPDATED” links and newly announced candidates or jobs. Candidates that drop out are noted at the bottom2.
These are categorized by whether they are specifically hiring for data & analytics at this time and ordered alphabetically by last name. If you have additional information or corrections please email lena at progressivedatajobs dot org.
These are the candidates known3 to be hiring data & analytics staff, although most are using general resume banks:
- Joe Biden: Data & Analytics resume bank
- Cory Booker: Multiple data jobs here
- Pete Buttigieg: More jobs posted Multiple data and tech jobs
- Julian Castro: National Data Director and Resume Bank
- Kirsten Gillibrand: UPDATED Data Director- see here Resume Bank
- Kamala Harris: Collecting resumes at Resumes@KamalaHarris.org
- Amy Klobuchar: Data & Analytics jobs Resume Bank
- Seth Moulton collecting resumes for Data at email@example.com
- Beto O’Rourke: Multiple data jobs
- Bernie Sanders: Multiple data and tech jobs NEW Data Analyst (DC)
- Tom Steyer UPDATED multiple data jobs listed Job website
- Elizabeth Warren: Multiple data & analytics jobs Resume Bank
- Andrew Yang Updated Deputy Data Director job and Other roles here
These candidates have general hiring open, but do not have data, analytics or tech roles posted or known.
- Michael Bennet: Collecting resumes at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Steve Bullock collecting resumes at email@example.com
- John Delaney: Resume Bank
- Jay Inslee: Job list (Link is old, may not be up to date. No data jobs currently listed)
We were unable to locate resume banks or other application processes for these candidates4
- Bill DeBlasio
- Tulsi Gabbard
- John Hickenlooper
- Wayne Messam
- Tim Ryan
- Joe Sestak
- Marianne Williamson
P.S. Did you get an interview? Or a job!? Congrats! We would love to hear about it. Fill out our brief survey. You’ll have our eternal gratitude.
Has officially announced for President and has either an active campaign or exploratory committee ↩
Formerly declared, no longer in the race (alpha by last name): Hinckenlooper, Swalwell ↩
In some cases we confirmed this by reaching out to campaign staff. However as we are a site operating on a budget of free ninety nine, we don’t have the capacity to reach out to all of them. If you can confirm other hiring, please email Lena! ↩