Purpose of Position: The Manager of Data Stewardship and Operations is responsible for a broad range of financial, administrative, and data stewardship functions for the Data Systems and Analytics Department. These include monitoring the department’s budget, ensuring that staff adhere to SEIU administrative policies and procedures, running an efficient office, and serving as the department’s data steward.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities: Perform a wide range of duties assigned by the International Union, including but not limited to the following:
- Provides high-level, confidential support to the DSA team and provides administrative and logistical support to priority projects of the department.
- Monitors the budget on a regular basis including reviewing employee generated costs, campaign expenses and reimbursement to locals. Identifies areas to streamline, reduce expenses and implement changes.
- Participates in and helps develop the budget for DSA.
- Supervises administrative support staff, including performance management.
- Plans and coordinates logistics for department-wide activities, including meetings and special events.
- Coordinates with DSA managers and Human Resources regarding staff administrative issues, including hiring, promotions, terminations, sick leave, etc
- Manages facilities and space for the DSA offices including distribution of office equipment such as computers, printers, copiers, pagers, cell phones, etc.
- Handles inquiries with vendors, and handles all paperwork within the division associated with DSA billing.
- Manages and executes vendor contracts, including contract renewals.
- Serves as the DSA department’s data steward, including:
- Supports the DSA Senior Team in developing and maintaining written data governance plans and procedures. Specifically, these will focus on: intake, storage, processing, and transmission of data to internal and external systems.
- Defines and documents data terminology in a relevant glossary. This includes ensuring that each critical data element has a clear definition and is still in use.
- Serve on the DSA Senior team.
- Performs other duties as required to support the department and its mission.
Salary: $74,300 See more and apply here