Texas is the biggest battleground state in the country, and Texas Democrats are poised to win. The TDP is seeking a top-tier, self-motivated, and innovative Targeting Director who will be responsible for developing a model that will determine which voters campaigns and partners should be talking to this cycle. The model will enable campaigns to fully understand their path to victory, and maximize the effectiveness of their voter outreach. This person will work closely with the data, organizing, campaign services, and training departments to execute our winning strategy. They will report to the Data and Analytics Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining a Texas partisanship model, including gathering and cleaning input data, training model, and re-running the model after every vote file update
- Developing statewide targets for county parties and campaigns, including trainings and materials to explain targets
- Hiring and managing team of 4-6 targeting analysts, who will each be responsible for developing targets for 8-10 races
- 5+ years of experience working as a software developer and/or data scientist
- 2+ years of experience managing staff
- Experience developing models using machine learning
- Professional experience with Python, R, Gitlab / Github, and SQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and experience explaining technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- An absolute commitment to working at the Texas Democratic Party through November 2020
Salary: $55-60k See more and apply here