SEIU is looking for a data consultant through the end of 2019 to help prepare local staff and data managers on how to use the VAN and modernize their data systems in preparation for the 2020 elections.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Working with SEIU locals to help train and support staff / members and to use our VAN membership database and its associated tools for use in organizing in the field
- Building a library of trainings and leading webinars/calls with various SEIU local staff on administration of MemberVAN and associated tools
- Participate in conversations with political, data and other staff to better understand the context of the work and provide updates/reports on progress
- Creating reports and internal infrastructure with union locals to facilitate effective communication
Required – applicants must have the following:
- Intermediate use of VAN as a field tool and experience in administration
- Demonstrated experience in doing technical work with a non-technical audience
- At least intermediate familiarity around key aspects union / community / political organizing in order to ask questions and offer suggestions as applicable
- Strong oral / written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and organize self around multiple projects at the same time
Desired Skills – applicants will be prioritized who have the following:
- Advanced use of VAN as an administrator
- Experience working as a union data staffer or experience working with union data staff
- Proven ability to balance working independently and in a traveling capacity
- Experience creating webinars and large scale trainings using data tools in the field, including specific follow up tactics to ensure comprehension
- Imports and exports files between formats and programs such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, delimited text files, and a variety of file formats including utilizing e-mail and web based applications.
Specialized Knowledge and Training: Candidates must have the capacity to work independently with SEIU leaders and staff. Experience working in diverse work environments preferred. Women and people of color urged to apply.
Physical Requirements: Work can be performed in headquarters or remotely. Long and extended hours and travel are required.
Application Requirements: A resume and cover letter are required for all applications. Your cover letter should explain your reason for wanting to work for SEIU and an example of how you demonstrated success in a similar position. Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com