As a Data Scientist, you’ll be involved in all aspects of our analytics, research, model development, and data pipeline. We’re a small but growing company and each team member contributes in a meaningful way. We interview millions of voters through our platform – a novel dataset with tremendous utility for political campaigns. On any given day, you might be building a model to find swing voters, or cleaning data for our political team’s analysis, or optimizing the way we find survey respondents.
In your first weeks:
- Expected skills: best-in-class facility with Python (preferably) and/or R (acceptable) as well as SQL; team-based experience with Github; aptitude for working with datasets up to 1TB; experience building predictive models and applying statistics to industrial problems
- Example project: build a data pipeline to make available to our political team’s analysis
- What you’ll learn: the technology we’ve developed to help campaigns win
By the end of the year, as campaigns are just gearing up for 2020:
- Expected skills: complete familiarity with our codebase and tech stack, so that you can commit production-ready code
- Example project: building a model to find voters sympathetic to gun-control legislation
- What you’ll learn: how campaigns use (or don’t yet use) data; an intimate knowledge of our amassed polling data, including political attitudes across the country
In 2020 and Beyond:
- Expected skills: solve novel problems, and formulate your own product ideas that anticipate problems before they come up. Write code that rivals that of a senior engineer, and introduce new modeling techniques to the team.
- Example project: design an Auto ML process for predicting novel variables
- What you’ll learn: How to be part of a growing data science team, contributing both ideas and technical prowess. Become an integral part of our data science operation and help the company grow its impact in Democratic politics
A successful member of our team will demonstrate the curiosity to try new things, but the self-discipline to prize results over technique. We’re open to hiring for a range of levels. The specific job will be commensurate with a candidate’s work experience and potential. Political experience is not required, but if you don’t have a passion for it you might burn out.
Salary: Not listed