The Democratic Data Exchange (DDx) is looking for engineers at all levels to support the development of a new data exchange platform that expands the Democratic and progressive data ecosystem by facilitating the real time, blind exchange of proprietary data with organizations, parties, committees, and campaigns across the Left.
As part of the new engineering team you’ll have the opportunity to work on a greenfield codebase and directly contribute to the culture and success of the DDx! The Exchange, our software platform, will require engineers to build out significant portions of our data pipeline using industry standard tools and languages as well as handle deployment and operation of the Exchange in the cloud.
At DDx we believe…
- Empathy is the most important part of being a good engineer
- Inclusivity builds stronger, more supportive teams
- Thoughtfulness is good for engineering and good for teamwork
- Mentorship is something everyone should be involved in
- A bias towards action is better than delaying for a perfect solution
- Making mistakes is inevitable on the path to becoming a great engineer
As a DDx engineer you should…
- Act autonomously but thrive in a strong team environment
- Be able to work with and clarify ambiguous requirements
- Have built performant data orchestration pipelines and ETL applications
- Have managed infrastructure and deployments in cloud environments
- Be familiar with continuous integration and continuous delivery
- Write test suites, integration tests and unit tests for your code
- Have worked with data warehousing or analytics focused databases
- Prefer open source solutions over commercial or enterprise solutions
At DDx we use things like…
- Python, Scala, SQL
- Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins
- AWS Lambda, IAM, KMS, CloudFormation and more
- Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Google Cloud Platform - BigQuery, Composer and more
We don’t expect every applicant to know or have worked with every technology we’ve listed, or have worked with everything we’ll be working on at the DDx so we urge you to apply if you’re interested and some of the above applies to you!
The DDx is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace - we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Salary: Not listed
Accepting applications at firstname.lastname@example.org