For more than a decade, Catalist has been a leader in civic data and data science innovation. Our mission is to provide progressive organizations with the data and services needed to better identify, understand, and communicate with the people they need to engage and mobilize. Our clients include the largest, most influential organizations in the U.S. engaged in civic engagement, advocacy, and political campaigns.
Catalist is home to a dedicated, creative team of technologists, data scientists and campaign experts who build best-in class data tools and science. Catalist is committed to using our talents and technology to nurture a vibrant, growing, progressive community.
We are currently looking for talented and energetic engineers who would like to work on an exciting set of products to help progressive organizations run more effective voter contact programs. This position will offer a unique opportunity to help build out an enterprise class data processing and analytics infrastructure for scale.
As an engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering, political, and data science staff to understand functional software requirements
- Collaborate with a small group of software and operations engineers
- Participate in the process for translating software requirements into working systems and solutions
- Decompose and estimate the effort for your assigned tasks
- Design and develop data processing and transformation services and API endpoints
- Support verification and validation of your APIs and services
- Support deployment and configuration updates to APIs and services
- Support and maintain APIs and services built by the development team, including issue identification and root cause analysis
- Create, develop, and maintain technical product documentation, including user guides, specifications, design and implementation plans, issue tickets, etc.
- Provide technical feedback on product features and designs
- Support maintenance windows and deployment schedule (generally a brief part of one evening a week)
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000