We are currently looking for talented and energetic engineers who would like to work on an exciting set of products to help progressive organizations run more effective voter contact programs. This position will offer a unique opportunity to help build out an enterprise class data processing and analytics infrastructure for scale.
As an engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with engineering, political, and data science staff to understand, develop, and refine functional software requirements
- Be the primary technical owner of the in-house developed user interface software components of our architecture
- Lead a small group of software engineers
- Drive the process for translating software requirements into working systems and solutions
- Decompose and estimate the effort for tasks for yourself and other software engineers
- Design and develop web applications and related software components
- Support verification and validation of web applications and components
- Support deployment and configuration updates to web applications and components
- Support and maintain web applications and components, including issue identification and root cause analysis
- Create, develop, maintain, and own technical product documentation, including user guides, specifications, design and implementation plans, project plans, issue tickets, etc.
- Provide technical feedback on product features and designs
- Support maintenance windows and deployment schedule (generally a brief part of one evening a week)
Salary: $95,000 – $110,000