About the Role: As a Technical Analyst, you will work with our data scientists, strategists, and clients to produce, transform, visualize, and analyze novel research data, as well as help build the systems that make these things possible.
About You: You have a proven track record of taking complex and messy data inputs, and turning them into the products that drive decision making. You excel at quickly understanding user needs and incisively communicating solutions. You prefer a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment and are at your best managing and prioritizing among multiple streams of work. You are genuinely curious about the social, cultural, and political dimensions of our research and passionate about supporting our clients to more deeply understand their most important audiences.
- Act as the bridge between the technical and strategic teams, introducing (and perhaps building) new tools to the analysts, and communicating their needs to the developers
- Prepare and synthesize qualitative and quantitative data in a wide variety of formats, for both internal and external use
- Assist closely in the strategic process by running models and analyses with these tools and data
- The collection and storage of large-volume survey data, by interacting with vendors, databases, and survey systems, both internal and external
- Ensure the quality and accuracy of the complex and ever-changing data that is the heart of our company
- Build processes to systematize your work and collaborate with the technical and strategic teams to automate processes and maximize efficiency
- Create client-quality data visualizations that concisely tell a clear story, and assist with systems that can produce these visualizations easily and intuitively
Qualifications & Qualities: Successful candidates will have all of the following:
- 3+ years experience managing analytic data pipelines in a professional environment (experience in consulting, politics, marketing, public opinion polling, etc is a plus)
- At least intermediate proficiency with R and Python, which are the two languages we use in our stack, or the ability to achieve that proficiency very quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, and subject matter experts)
- Exceptional ability to translate client needs into technical requirements and technical data into actionable insights for clients.
Additional experience in any of the following areas would be valuable:
- Experience with the analysis of behavioral data, and the deep conviction that a well chosen model is always better than a more powerful model
- Experience administering and analyzing surveys
- Familiarity with data processing and visualization languages and tools such as ggplot, bokeh, d3, and Tableau.
- Formal training or professional experience in a behavioral science such as psychology, human computer interaction, design, etc
We are committed to building a workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. We especially encourage women, people of colour, and others who are underrepresented in the tech industry to apply.
Salary: Not listed
To express interest or refer a candidate, please send a brief note and either resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking to close the position as soon as possible so please apply sooner rather than later.