Infrastructure Engineer (Temporary Full Time)
We are currently looking for talented and energetic engineers who would like to work on an exciting set of products to help progressive organizations run more effective voter contact programs. This position will offer a unique opportunity to help build out an enterprise class data processing and analytics infrastructure for scale.
As an engineer at Catalist, you will have a leading role in efforts to discover actionable insights using the largest repository of individual-level data in progressive politics. Our work is on the cutting edge of data-driven politics, and your findings will help Democratic candidates and progressive organizations conduct successful advocacy and electoral campaigns.
Note: This is a temporary position, with a term of 3-6 months.
- Assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of servers, network devices, video conferencing, and other hardware components
- Assist with installation, configuration, and maintenance of infrastructural software components – CentOS, HAProxy, etc.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain staff-issued laptops, primarily running MacOS
- Support and resolve issue tickets as assigned from Infrastructure Team management
- Develop and maintain system configuration and architecture documentation
- Be available for occasional work on-site at our colocated data center in Ashburn, VA, including some infrequent nights and weekends
- Be online and available for routine evening deployments and maintenance windows on a weekly basis
Salary: $70,000 – $85,000.