We are looking for a civically-minded leader with a passion for data-driven decision making and improving City government through rigorous research and data analysis.
In this role, you will:
- Write reproducible scripts and workflows to collect, clean, and analyze data in order to answer key policy questions.
- Help design, implement and analyze evaluations. Use various research designs, including randomized controlled trials, quasi-experimental analyses, and others as appropriate.
- Ensure that work product adheres to methodological and open science best practices.
- Visualize data, write descriptions and summaries of projects, and create presentations of results.
- Clearly communicate key insights to diverse audiences, including scientific experts, government practitioners, and public stakeholders.
- Help to disseminate scientific lessons, tools, and best practices across City government.
- Communicate with agency partners and key stakeholders, both internal and external to government.
- Review literature to creatively inform City policies and program designs.
- Proactively provide ideas and critical feedback—as well as being open to such constructive dialogue—as part of constantly improving the Mayor’s Policy Office and its collective work output.
Salary: Not listed