As a senior front-end software engineer you will be helping to build a high quality user experience. In particular we are looking for someone with an intuitive understanding of design and how that interacts with the data that comes from our API servers.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
What we’re looking for:
- A team player capable of communicating well.
- Ability to write high-quality, well-tested code. Our current tech stack includes, linux, MySql, Golang, React, and React-native.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN
- Experience working with Agile, Lean and/or Continuous Delivery approaches such as Continuous Integration, TDD, Infrastructure as Code, etc.
- Experience with single page applications and their technologies like React, React-Native.
- A passion for all things design, including interaction design and user interface design.
The team is based in NYC. We are a small, highly diverse team ready to make a difference in civic tech. We value diversity; we support traditional and nontraditional career paths.
How to Apply
- Please send your resume and a sample of your work to email@example.com
Salary: Not listed