Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Temp, Membership & Engagement Data Analyst. Reporting to the Associate Director, Data & Analytics, the incumbent will support and help execute polling, research, modeling & field data on behalf of the Federation and Action Fund. This role will work across departments and organizations in the progressive space to help test and understand analytics & public opinion research and its impact on the electoral and issue space that Planned Parenthood program occupies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support for Planned Parenthood membership recruitment projects.
- Working cross-departmentally to build FEC-compliant membership reports and support coordinated organizing program.
- Develop systems for tracking and reporting organizing, electoral, engagement, and political research.
- Communicate data analysis through oral and written reports and creative visualization. Maintain durable reporting systems for public opinion research trends.
- Project manage the development of analytic resources for affiliate public affairs and national organizing staff.
- Return-on-investment analysis on program.
- Documenting Planned Parenthood and vendor-supplied models for use in coordinated and cross-departmental work.
- Support for research done by Planned Parenthood Federation or Action Fund, including research conducted by other departments or divisions where appropriate.
- Proactively stay current on data management and organizing best practices through partners and vendors, including the Analyst Institute, Catalist, and other organizations.
- Other project as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1 - 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience.
- Non-profit or campaign data management experience.
- Excellent understanding of and prior experience with using data to support a political or advocacy campaign.
- 1 or more cycles of experience on a political (electoral) campaign either on the party/candidate or issue/advocacy group side.
- Knowledge of political research and data management systems, including VAN and Catalist. Advanced Excel fluency.
- Outstanding data analysis and statistical skills.
- Statistical analysis packages such as R or Python Pandas.
- Experience with community organizing programs.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Proven experience providing end-user support and customer service.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility to learn new skills and adapt to changing technology.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of Planned Parenthood.
Salary: Not listed