The UFCW Data & Analytics Department is seeking an experienced, innovative Data Engineer (Infrastructure) to design and build the data systems required to support UFCW’s efforts. The role calls for expertise in maintaining scalable database infrastructure. Collaborating with UFCW’s team of developers and strategists, this individual will be responsible for enabling UFCW’s data systems to be used across the organization for enhanced member communication, membership recruitment, and political campaigns. This position supervises and assists with evaluating professional staff in the department.
The position will be in our Washington, DC office. The Data Engineer will report to the Director of the Data & Analytics Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, implement, test, and maintain internal systems and automated pipelines, so that membership, voter, and other person level data can be leveraged inside and out of our central database (Civis platform).
- Produce scalable, replicable code, and engineering solutions that help automate repetitive, and at this time manual, data management tasks.
- Work with other UFCW departments and vendors to integrate the flow of information across organizing, communication, and political tools used by UFCW.
- Collaborate with leadership and staff to establish standards for data collection, acquisition, preservation, analytics, and hygiene.
- Build reports and data visualizations, using data from UFCW’s central database and other sources, to better assist staff and affiliates in developing strategies, data processes, and reporting to accurately measure progress toward goals.
- Provide data, targeting, technological guidance, and support for organizing, bargaining, issue, and/or electoral campaigns.
- This is not an exhausted list of responsibilities; Data Engineer will be responsible for other duties as assigned.
Salary: Commensurate with experience